I’m not proud of this…. And I can’t believe I’m putting these pictures on the Internet. You’re gonna be looking at one messy playroom here in a minute. This is what McKenna’s playroom looked like last week:
Now I did immediately clean up and figure out some better placement directly after snapping those pics BUT STILL! Part of the problem is that we never found a great layout nor have we made good systems that allow for easy clean up.
I have a mighty big job ahead of me here so I’m gonna take a moment to share what my plans are (although they will change along the way I’m sure).
In no particular order:
- Move play kitchen to play room
- Sort through EVERYTHING in the playroom
- Donate half (eek!) of what’s in the room
- Organize all remaining toys
- Label, label, label
- Add some flair to the plain rug
- Fill holes and touch up paint (my least favorite of all)
- Figure out a solution to block some or all of the library shelf to help the room appear tidier than it is. I may also paint it white… We shall see.
- Make a clean up sign to remind McKenna of the need to clean up
- Find places for the baby stuff that I’m getting back from friends that I loaned them to
- Add homemade art and hang some existing art
I don’t know how quickly this is going to get completed but I’m hoping it will be somewhat soon. McKenna loves having a dedicated playroom and I would feel way better if it was a clean and organized playroom. I’m going to have to work on the room in pieces when I get any bit of energy. I’m in the middle of so many projects but I’m waiting on something or someone for each of them so I will continue to keep these juggled balls in the air for now!